CLOTH INSPECTOR – Job Description / Compensation
FULL-TIME / DIRECT HIRE
Shifts: 2nd Shift 4pm – 12am & 3rd Shift 12am – 8 am
**Pay depends on experience and production/incentive**
On the Job Training, no experience necessary!
- Inspects and makes minor repairs in fabric. If fabric is in question, whether 1st of 2nd quality, contact lead inspector of supervisor for approval.
- Fill out grading sheets and seconds report on each roll of cloth showing number of defects, type of defects, yards.
- All rolls containing excessive number of defects should be put on hold until lead inspector and supervisor have reviewed.
- When running defects notify weave room supervisor of loom number and type of defect.
- Complete roving form for inspection of cloth.
- Keep work area clean by placing strings, scrap pieces of cloth, etc. in waste container beside grading frame.
- Count picks and sley and measures width of all grading cloth.
- Doff cloth after inspection is complete and attach correct label.
- Blows off & sweep work area.
- Make sure remnants and extra cloth rags are put in appropriate containers.
- Must properly wear Personal Protective Equipment as required for the task being performed.
- Follow all departmental and plant Safety Rules and work rules requirements.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Benefits/Perks and Work Life Balance:
- Hiring Bonus up to $500.00 after first 90 days
- On the Job Training, no experience necessary!
- PTO (Paid Time Off) up to 50 hours yearly
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with 50% match up to 6%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Paid Life Insurance ($10,000)
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 2 Vacation Checks per Year after 90 days
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Gym on site
- Monthly Birthday parties
- Employee Cookouts twice a year
Central Textiles is an integrated textile producer that has been in operation in Central, SC since 1984 when the current owners purchased an old, existing textile mill and began a complete modernization to make it a state of the art manufacturing facility able to compete in today’s global marketplace. The upgrades have been a continuing, ongoing process with the installation of the latest generation in weaving technology. The company has survived decades of turmoil in the textile industry due to a combination of modernization, diversity of product and customer mix, targeted marketing and the willingness of our associates to adapt to changing conditions.
Founded in 1984 and now in its third generation of family management, Central is a leader in the manufacturing of technical textiles and apparel fabrics. The fabric that makes up the Central Textiles family is unique. Each employee plays a vital role in contributing to the company's success.
Central Textiles is proud to be an EEO employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class.