SLASHER OPERATOR – Job Description / Compensation
FULL-TIME / DIRECT HIRE
Shifts: 2nd Shift 4pm – 12am & 3rd Shift 12am – 8 am
**Pay depends on experience and production/incentive**
On the Job Training, no experience necessary!
- Review schedule concerning set running, sets to be loaded or started up next. Change cooking and moisture charts. Check section beam tickets to assure proper loading or creels.
- Run slasher, patrol on regular basis watching for laps on section beams, laps in size boxes, draw backs on beams, high and low selvages. Watch front for wild yarn and break outs, keep warp comb adjusted and yarn even on beam. Watch size levels in boxes as you patrol. Keep at midpoint steel roller shaft. Clean squeeze rolls as needed.
- Maintain proper setting on slasher and controls set to listed specification.
- Doff when necessary placing proper identification on each warp beam.
- Cook size. Must cook at 206 for at least 30 minutes and no longer than one hour. Check solids and viscosity on every cook. Record and report any variations to your supervisor.
- Run lease strings on every warp. Section beam problems such as laps and draw backs are to be cut and straightened so that these fall on the bottom, of new beams. Strings are to be run after problems are corrected. Lease is done on start up of every new warp.
- Clean size pump filters at every doff.
- Avoid low gear warp.
- Make out proper production reports to be turned in to department manager and IE department.
- Advise shift manager of poor quality yarn on section beams.
- Advise shift manager of any maintenance required on slasher.
- Pull down problem warps as needed and prepare for weave room (tape properly).
- Once weekly, walk weave room and review your warps running. Evaluate condition of warp as it was tied vs. present condition.
- Communicate with oncoming personnel as to sets running, sets loaded, slasher conditions or problems on sets.
Benefits/Perks and Work Life Balance:
- Hiring Bonus up to $500.00 after first 90 days
- On the Job Training, no experience necessary!
- PTO (Paid Time Off) up to 50 hours yearly
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan with 50% match up to 6%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Paid Life Insurance ($10,000)
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 2 Vacation Checks per Year after 90 days
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Gym on site
- Monthly Birthday parties
- Employee Cookouts twice a year
Central Textiles is an integrated textile producer that has been in operation in Central, SC since 1984 when the current owners purchased an old, existing textile mill and began a complete modernization to make it a state of the art manufacturing facility able to compete in today’s global marketplace. The upgrades have been a continuing, ongoing process with the installation of the latest generation in weaving technology. The company has survived decades of turmoil in the textile industry due to a combination of modernization, diversity of product and customer mix, targeted marketing and the willingness of our associates to adapt to changing conditions.
Founded in 1984 and now in its third generation of family management, Central is a leader in the manufacturing of technical textiles and apparel fabrics. The fabric that makes up the Central Textiles family is unique. Each employee plays a vital role in contributing to the company's success.
Central Textiles is proud to be an EEO employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected class.